Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What happens when I run out of vertical estate on a feature script UI, do I get a scroll bar?

darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭

My UI expands as I add different options such as ribs stringers and spars, with these options comes many more options for each one, what if my UI extends down further than I have screen? I tried just shrinking my browser but I just lost half my UI with no way of accessing the bottom half.
Tagged:

Comments

• kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    edited April 2017
    Scrolling is definitely something we want to add to feature dialogs. We may be addressing this in the near future.

In the mean time, there is a somewhat ugly workaround: Hidden parameters in a feature dialog are stored in the definition just like everything else, so, with some amount of abuse of the conditional visibility system, you can create a UI that has a pseudo-tabbed behavior like so:

Here's a document that you can copy and play around with:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/699de6f7a31d0384f932c73f/w/d3867ccf46ebb33a158315b9/e/8065c5b7607c298e83499987

To be clear, I really don't think this is a style we want to encourage. The enum UI really represents exclusive options, (and does so elsewhere in Onshape, e.g. new/add/remove/intersect). I think it's confusing and inconsistent for the end user to have a bunch of invisible options affecting their feature output. Hence, our desire to work on better solutions :smile:

• darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Thanks @kevin_o_toole_1 , I'll implement this for now... This might actually make more sense to the user since the number of variables is getting very large.

Kind regards,
    Darren
  • darren_13darren_13 Member, Developers Posts: 118 ✭✭
    as a follow up:

Looks very cool, cheers!
    Darren