Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to create a unique paper size in drawings?

OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
I want to make an E or F sized drawing. Is there a way to generate an empty drawing with certain dimensions? Or do I have to do that by going to a 3rd party software and creating a blank dwg file and then import as a template?

Best Answer

Answers

• OpenR2OpenR2 OS Professional Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    I see how to make a new drawing interactively but you can only pick standard sizes. Is there any plans to let the user type in a specific paper size?
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Very much need custom sheet sizes. Working with large 1:1 scale print outs for customer. Custom drawing formats directly in OS would be nice but more important to have full scale print outs.
  • MaximumMaximum Member Posts: 2
    I agree with Glen, I often need to have 1:1 sheets for dxf to send out to laser.
  • brennan_natolibrennan_natoli Member Posts: 15 EDU
    It would be great to be able to create custom drawing sizes. A must have for the CNC and laser. Any thoughts Onshape???
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    We've had custom sheet sizes for 5+ years now:

Improvements to Onshape - May 24th, 2017 — Onshape

• elliot_scully847elliot_scully847 Member Posts: 2
    the issue with changing the number of columns/rows is that you need to have the border enabled, this causes extra work when using a laser as you have to then remove the border manually after

PeteYodis said:
    We've had custom sheet sizes for 5+ years now:

Improvements to Onshape - May 24th, 2017 — Onshape

• wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    If you are dealing with CNC cutting why not send the DXF from the face of the part? (skip the drawing sheet.)
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    RMB on the face you want to export and select export DXF, same for flat pattern,s