Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

what tools do I need to sketch surfboard fins

darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
Hi all, I've been trying to sketch a fin and I'm struggling with which tools I need to use. I have loaded a couple of foil sketches from the public in hopes that I can reverse engineer what someone else has done to create it but no luck yet. I've gotten as far as creating a foil shape but I can't figure out how to get it to taper like a surfboard fin does. any help is appreciated
thanks 

Best Answer

• darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
    Answer ✓
    I think I have figured it out, unless there is an easier way I'll have to create a number of "entities" and do a loft between each then tweak the design until I get the shape I'm after

Answers

• darrin_jonesdarrin_jones Member Posts: 15
    Answer ✓
    I think I have figured it out, unless there is an easier way I'll have to create a number of "entities" and do a loft between each then tweak the design until I get the shape I'm after