Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New-ish onshape user- trying to figure out why my loft isn't working.

ebuzzmillerebuzzmiller Member Posts: 3 EDU
edited July 2017 in Community Support
I am currently trying to make a model of a foot by lofting together shapes on different planes, however it seems not to be working, and twisting instead of having smooth curves. I have tried literally everything from changing the guide curves to the path, etc. but nothing seems to make it work. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem; I was looking online to figure out how to make all the lines one but it seems no solution exists. If anyone has any idea why it isn't working please let me know!!! I'm including a screen capture of my drawing. Thanks! 

Answers

• nick_kanianick_kania Onshape Employees Posts: 7
    Your loft is twisting because the number of points on each profile is not consistent, try adding/removing points from the profiles to get a smooth loft. I would also encourage you to take a look at our video library and help documentation for more information about different features within Onshape
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/#loft.htm?Highlight=loft
    QA Intern
  • Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    I suggest matching vertices, having more guides, or doing one section at a time instead of one big loft. 
    Support & QA
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    I would also recommend ensuring that your guides pierce the outer edge of each profile. If they do not touch the edge of the profile, the loft will fail.
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • ebuzzmillerebuzzmiller Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thank you all!