Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

pro-e import

svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 63 PRO
I have huge .asm pro-e file imported mostly shrink wrap  models imported as a zip file . I can clean up the assembly's so it works quite well.
But the corresponding  part studio wont open because the browser crashes, some times it says out of memory. I need the part studio file to open so I can change and delete parts.  It gives me no clue why it wont open maybe my hardware can be the problem
auto_load_rig_comp parts.zip
auto_load_rig_comp parts  part studio wont open
dockument hp
Tagged:

Answers

• chris_winters404chris_winters404 Member Posts: 37 PRO
    Did you try unzipping the file first and then importing the files?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    You can check your browser memory consumption or try Firefox (I believe it is better with memory). 

Alternatively you could rename the zip file to one of the smaller sub assemblies and reimport, then it would only create a part Studio with a smaller number of parts. Or like Chris says, import some of the larger parts individually. 

I am guessing the shrink wrapped parts are mostly surfaces? Nasty. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • svenolov_nystromsvenolov_nystrom OS Professional Posts: 63 PRO
    Thank you I try your suggestions or clean the pro-e file before zip an reload all. Its surfaces most , I need the part studio for some minor changes.
    I wish it was possible to lock two or more parts together while dragging (mechanism) it is a drill rig with 5-8 parts to position . I have big problems dragging the parts to exact position.