Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I get 'certified product catalog' in the 3DX-app back?

kevin_kellnerkevin_kellner Member Posts: 5 EDU
I downloaded the 3DX-App from the Appstore.
After a while working with this app in the app all objects from the 'certified product catalog' are gone.
Is there a possibility to get this catalog back?

Greetings
Kevin Kellner

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Try adding the app again in a new tab.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hello,

Unfortunately your advise didn't help and the 'certified product catalog' with all the ISO and DIN objects is still gone.
    Is there an other possibility to download an other app to get ISO and DIN objects?

Greetings
    Kevin Kellner

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited July 2017
    Sorry, I was just trying to help and was using these myself a few days ago.

I tried on my accounts again now and I get this. 

I wonder if there is a help section related to Onshape somewhere, all I could find was a link to the main 3dx site.
  • Options
    zoltan_szabozoltan_szabo OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
    Hi,

Does it mean 3DX app will not provide standard components any more?

Any other solution for ISO/DIN component import?

BR,
    Zoltan
  • Options
    Hi,

I recently asked the 3DX-support for help and they sent me this answer:

Hi Kevin,

As of Friday, July 28, 2017, at the request of TraceParts in France, we (TraceParts, Inc. in the USA) have removed all European catalogs and national standard content, from our Onshape app. Our Onshape app now contains 3D certified model catalogs from North American suppliers only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for using our app.

Sincerely TraceParts, Inc. soon to become 3DX Media, Inc.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Wow, that is underwhelming.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    This happened to me half way thru a design too. I opened it up one day just fine. Then ever since most of the library went kaput!

This is why we can't rely on 3rd party libraries for standard parts as is suggested many times in improvement requests...
  • Options
    brian_bradybrian_brady Member, Developers Posts: 505 EDU
    This happened to me half way thru a design too. I opened it up one day just fine. Then ever since most of the library went kaput!

This is why we can't rely on 3rd party libraries for standard parts as is suggested many times in improvement requests...
    By using Onshape, I am choosing to put my trust in Onshape, not 3rd party apps or libraries that may either let me down by a) removing features or support or b) "nickel and diming" me and charge for what Onshape should be including. This is an instance of the first case.

One of the problems I have as our new SaaS economy are the incessant monthly or yearly fees to do everything. In the end, it is possible that using Onshape and 3rd party apps to get the job done will be as costly as the CAD packages that we are replacing. Part of the appeal of Onshape is the cost, but until we don't have to rely on 3rd party apps for functionality that other packages include, the real cost of using OS is higher than advertised.
  • Options
    gabriel_guiguegabriel_guigue Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    We (TraceParts Europe) did NOT ask our US business partner to remove our 600+ catalogs from their Onshape 3DX App, but just to remove them from their 3DX-us.com web site.

We're now actively working closely with Onshape to offer for FREE our own App within the Onshape App Store, featuring over 600 catalogs including ISO, DIN, ANSI, JIS, BS, and many more standards.
    In the meantime, you can find and download all our 3D catalogs for free on http://www.tracepartsonline.net

And don't worry, we have no intention to change our business model and to charge the end users of our 3D catalogs :-)

Best regards
    - Gabriel Guigue
    TraceParts co-founder and CEO
  • Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    @gabriel_guigue thanks for the update. We are in desperate need of a good parts library system in Onshape. I hate having to find parts then import to my own document catalogs, add meta data and then manage docs as more parts are required.  

I hoping we will see a really tightly integrated catalog which allows for seamless search and insertion of configurable parts and the ability to bring meta data in with the part. I am looking for real time-saving innovations that speed up design, makes for seamless procurement and brings joy to the users. I hope TraceParts will be able to help with this.

• Options
    Bertrand_CressentBertrand_Cressent Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

A new TraceParts App is available on the Onshape App Store.
    The DIN and ISO catalogs are back but, of course, many more supplier-certified catalogs. More than 1,050 today.

Best Regards

Bertrand Cressent
    Product Portfolio Global Manager at TraceParts