Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

visualCAMc Beta

Yesterday I attended the webinar on visualCAMc partner app from Mecsoft - this is a wonderful addition to the Onshape cloud package - I signed up for beta testing, and was admitted into the "team" established therefore.

That resulted in the automatic sharing of my document with other team members, which I don't want (auto sharing by being public under the free user current agreement is bad enough); plus, I now have numerous documents from other team members shared with me, which I don't want either, even if they intentionally want to or by default share said documents with me - these documents are showing up in "My Documents" even though I have nothing to do with them or want them, and I can't find a way to delete them and purge them from "My Documents".

Incidentally, these documents showing up in "My Documents" DO NOT show up in "Documents Shared With Me", so there is no option available for me to unshare documents I don't want to see. 

Elimination of the document (mine) that I was going to test visualCAMc on, by deleting the visualCAMc tab in said document seems to have removed my document from being shared with the visualCAMc team (although it is still available publicly, darn it) - so I won't  be beta testing visualCAMc.

Apparently, the only way to eliminate everybody else's documents being used to beta test visualCAMc from the "My Documents" folder is to leave the "team", which I really don't want to do either; ie, I can not find a way to "unshare them" and still stay in the team.

Comments

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 359
    Hi @K0DPW. We're looking into this now. At first read, this is not behaving like we want it to. We will get back to you shortly.

Thanks for letting us know!
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Hi,

So I want first to thank you for participating in the VisualCAMc Beta! Currently it is really a great product and I look forward to when they officially launch.

Since you are in the "VisualCAMc" Team, you have the visibility to their app in the App Store. You also have a Team Filter on the documents page that shows documents that are shared with that team. 

Here is some clarification on teams:
    1. Having that particular App in your document does not change the visibility to the team, having the team shared in the document does. 
    2. Sharing documents with teams is not done automatically, you must explicitly share your document with a team. 
    3. You will see the other documents that are shared with the team so long as you are in the team.
    4. If you do not want to share your document with the team anymore, unshare the team from your document.

Here is some clarification on the share dialog:

1. The top row of this dialog is an individual share to a user.  The user is able to edit my document with Copy, Export, and Comment permissions.
    2. The second row is the permissions for the application to use the data from my document.  This does not mean that other people who have access to the application have access to my document.
    3. The third row is the permissions for the team named "VisualCAMc Beta".  Other members of the team are able to look at my document with View and Comment permissions.  This permission set is independent of the previous one.  Simply by having the document shared with the team doesn't give the application access to my document and vice versa.
    4. The fourth row indicates that my document is public and all Onshape users can View, Copy, Link to, and Export my document.

Each one of these permissions can be individually removed with the 'X' and the specific ones can be modified with the pencil icon.

If there are any other questions, please file a support ticket. Thanks!

Jason

Support & QA
  • Options
    GIZMOGIZMO Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the clarification.