Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mac Mouse and cannot rotate

jerryjerry Member Posts: 3
I am using a FireFox browser with a desktop iMac.  My Mac mouse has a scroll ball.  Control mouse click gives me pan.  Left right scroll ball give me zoom.  But I cannot find a mouse key combination that will allow me to rotate the model.  This is totally stopping me from using Onscape, very frustrating.  Please help.

Comments

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Right click is used for rotate.

Which mouse specifically do you have?  You might need to configure it so that secondary click is on the right side of the mouse.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    I have an Apple single button mouse with a scroll wheel in the center and a switch on each side.  Usually mouse click in combination with a keyboard button will simulate right click but I cannot get it to work.  I do not mind buying another mouse if I have to.
  • Options
    I configured the secondary click on the right side of the mouse and now I can get rotate to work! Thanks jramsley, for the help!