Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

View Cube in Safari

GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
The View Cube has disappeared. I'm on an iMac running El Capitan and using Safari.
It seems to re-appear when I switch to Firefox.
Anyone have a clue why this should be?
Many thanks 

Best Answer

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Do you have Ad Block Plus or Ghosery plugin installed.. only in safari?
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 366 PRO
    Yes Ghostery...I'll take a look at the settings.
    Interestingly turning Ghostery seems to make no difference. The cube is there though because when I click in that area the view changes but it is just invisible
  • tim_martin786tim_martin786 Member Posts: 10
    If I remember... I think I experienced this a while back. What ended up "fixing" it was powering down and rebooting. (believe it or not) I rarely reboot my iMac since it awakens from sleep so conveniently and I never think about it. Sometimes months pass before cold starting the machine. Could be a small memory leak in Safari that causes this issue. I'm running El Capitan and Safari with Wipr extension.
    Thanks Tim, I'll give it a go. I'm the same, I hardly ever restart the iMac
    Still no luck! Uninstalled Ghostery completely and still not showing
  • daniel_splawskidaniel_splawski Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Do you have any other extensions installed for Safari?  With Chrome I've had issues caused by an app called Zoomy
    No nothing in the extensions. It is odd because the mouse arrow doesn't high-light the object below it until I move off to the side so could that be a graphic problem?
  • tim_martin786tim_martin786 Member Posts: 10
    @GWS50, What is your version of Safari?
    I'm using 9.1.1 currently, but was having other odd browser behavior when highlighting text in a prior version.

using 9.1.2 Firefox works fine so I guess I'll stick with that for now
    Interestingly I've discovered that when I reduce the window width the view cube reappears, strange!
  • robroyrobroy OS Professional Posts: 2 PRO
    I'm using the latest fully optioned 2017 15" Macbook Pro.

I see the view cube disappear in Chrome when I make the window full-screen on my external monitor (display scaled to 3360 x 1890)

Interestingly the view cube stays in the right place and fully visible when the window is full width but only 2/3 or so of the full height, then as you continue to drag down the bottom edge of the window the view cube progressively slides right and out of view...

Was this a driver problem or something else?
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @robroy - that's hard to say - does it do it on the native Mac screen? I can't reproduce that on my system, but then my max external monitor res is 2560x1440. Does it also do it when you maximise Chrome full screen? What about Safari?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI