Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Alt+RmB style orbit on iOS

HobsieHobsie Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I was wondering if there's an equivalent to the Alt+RmB camera orbit/rotation in the iOS App version of OnShape. I've come from a Games Development background and the majority of our 3D packages seem to opt for the axis locked rotation versus OnShape's default free rotation. 99% of the time I'm rotating using Alt+RmB on my iMac so when moving to my iPad Pro i'm constantly having to make multiple gestures to correct my camera rotations that have tilted in crazy ways (I like to call this the Gimble Dance).

Also as an aside - on the desktop/browser version is there any way to invert the logic for RmB rotation and Alt+RmB? i.e. RmB would do what Alt+RmB does now and vice versa.

Best Answers

• HobsieHobsie Member Posts: 6
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jake. I've gone and created an improvement request for the feature on iOS: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7413/turntable-rotate-on-ios#latest

Answers

• ethan_1ethan_1 Member Posts: 17 EDU
    @ethan_1

Unfortunately 2 finger drag pans the camera - that video explains it as such. I'm after rotation about the Z/Up axis which you get in the web/desktop version by holding Alt while right clicking the mouse.
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jake. I've gone and created an improvement request for the feature on iOS: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/7413/turntable-rotate-on-ios#latest