Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Stuck after importing 3D tublar centerline model

LeoLeo Member Posts: 1
I want to detail out a tubular based chassis model for a vehicle. I have an existing centerline model (wireframe) in a parasolid format external to onshape. When I import the parasolid line model into onshape, I can see the preview of the model (upper right corner). To me, I assume that means onshape can recognize the model after translation. However, when I open the part/document up, I can not see or work with any of the lines. The first thing I want to do is to sweep along the lines to build the 3D tubular model. Any ideas of how to begin? 

Answers

• pete_yodispete_yodis OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 666 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    @Leo You need to right click on the tab that contains your imported file and click translate...