Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Opera Browser - Rotating Around Objects

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
edited October 2017 in Community Support
I'm trying Opera Browser instead of Google Chrome in order to keep the browser clean and without plugins - Works much better. 
The issue is I can't rotate an object like I do with Google Chrome.(PC)

Right click lets me rotate but it does not stop after letting go of the mouse.  I have to double click to make it let go and than left click to remove the right click menu that shows up.   

Anyone know what is happening and how to rotate like with Google Chrome and have it stop when you let go of the mouse?

Best Answers

• AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    Answer ✓
    BINGO! That was it.  I missed that completely.  OPERA has that on by default. Turn it off and it works.   
    Such grief over one little check box.    Thanks everyone !!!   

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @AuroraRon ,

Please file a support ticket by going to the ? menu in the top right corner of a document and pressing "Report a bug".  Sorry you're experiencing this trouble!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    Anyone else using OPERA on a PC?
    Still having this issue.  

Right click on works on everything but rotating parts. If you release the right mouse button, it does not let go.  

If you right click a second time, it brings up a menu.  You have no choice but to right click since left click will just cause it to snap to a new perspective. You must left click after right clicking that brings up the menu you see in my image below, you left click off of it to return the mouse to normal. 

I am using Google Chrome and it works fine.  I just wanted to use another browser since Chrome has a few plug-ins that slow stuff down a bit and I turn and off or on depen Just looking for a clean browser to use just with Onshape, I'll give Firefox a try instead, thanks Neil.

Answer ✓
    BINGO! That was it.  I missed that completely.  OPERA has that on by default. Turn it off and it works.   
    Such grief over one little check box.    Thanks everyone !!!