Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Advanced Surfacing Help Please

Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
edited October 2017 in Community Support
Hi all,

I'm attempting to make a solid model corbel that is adjustable and rebuilds itself to the adjustments made. I have run into a problem, the leaves are suppose to be flowing and organic looking. Shaping these has proven to be difficult.

I would like to use the Sculpt Surface feature script, but it is not efficient enough for this many curves. Here is a related link with details for that: http://https//forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/32269#Comment_32269

Thought Process:
1) Create a plane normal to the face of the curve where I want the leaf.
2) Draw spline guides for the spines, high, and low flow lines of the leaf.
3) Make perpendicular planes to the guides that control the height curvature.
4) Project the height guides to the spline curves & project the spline curves to the main curve that I want.
5) Have 3D splines connecting the ends of the projected curves.
6) Loft the curves together and guide the loft with two composite curves.

It isn't working well this way. The lofting fails, the enclose curves fails.

Hopefully there is a more efficient way to accomplish what I'm attempting to do.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Cache_River_MillCache_River_Mill Member Posts: 225 PRO
    I will give this a try. Thank you for the response.