Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Use of @ in comments to notify a specific user

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
” sign to direct a comment towards a specific user."

Huh?
  Exactly how does that work?

I tried and nothing happens.
Tagged:

Answers

• Scott_WertelScott_Wertel Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Start by typing @ and then the first few letter of their username.  Then, pause for the list to appear, and select their username.
    @bill_daniels
    Principal & Co-founder
    Aerospace Research & Development Group, LLC
    www.aerornd.com
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I believe the list is populated from user you have shared Doc's with in the past, so if you've not shared then the list will be empty.
    Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    Owen is correct - the list of shortcuts (trigger by using the @ when typing in the comments field) is seeded with those people the document is shared with and others you've shared with in the past.
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • Scott_WertelScott_Wertel Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Weird, because I was able to use it for @bill_daniels and I've never met the guy before this thread.
    Principal & Co-founder
    Aerospace Research & Development Group, LLC
    www.aerornd.com
  • grochinogrochino Moderator, Onshape Employees, User Group Leader Posts: 44
    Weird, because I was able to use it for @bill_daniels and I've never met the guy before this thread.
    Andrew and Owen are referring to commenting from within a document.
  • Frank_WhiteleyFrank_Whiteley Member Posts: 1
    I received a comment from you via e-mail from alerts@onshape.com.  Looks like a message on a bid.  I could not find it inside the project.  I have received other alerts.
  • michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the reply you wrote to his post was your means of introduction.