Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to change a private document to a public document?

bryan_dierkingbryan_dierking Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I apologize if this is glaringly obvious, but it has me stumped. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657

1. Click on the share button to open the share options
    2. Go to the public tab
    3. Click on "Make public"
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    race_runnerrace_runner Member Posts: 1
    What do I do if the Share button brings up a circle with a slash through it?
    I am a hobbyist and a technology teacher. I recently was placed on a free Professional Trial. I did not ask for this. I did not take it up. (I am now getting advice from Onshape on how to change to the EDU plan where I should be.) Now that the Professional Trial has ended, I cannot access the designs I made over the last 3 weeks. The Onshape consultant directed me to this thread so that I could make my designs public, but it doesn't work. What do I do now?

Cheers,
    Peter
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657

Hi race_runner,

If you would like to make your documents public but don't have access to the 'share' button, you can right click on the document and choose 'Make public...'
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com