Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Standard content and Openbom

The Part Numbers I am assigning to the screws etc do not show in BOM 
What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• oleg_shilovitskyoleg_shilovitsky Member, Developers Posts: 131 PRO
     @claus_jeppesen817

OpenBOM was partially fixed and can now count quantity and produce BOM for assemblies using Onshape standard content 

However, PN and Desc from standard content is still not available (Onshape didn't release API yet to get it in our application). 

The following video shows a workaround how to get them into Onshape drawing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FR2zFyT4A

We hope standard content support will be fixed in the next production update after Onshape will release 1.75. Onshape promised to provide API in that version. 

Best, Oleg
  • Markku_LMarkku_L Member Posts: 32 PRO
    edited January 2018
    Workaround is not working. I need a way to get the size information of bolts and nuts into the bom...

EDIT: oh, now it works. Tried several times :-(
    br
    Markku
    www.sloworks.fi
  • oleg_shilovitskyoleg_shilovitsky Member, Developers Posts: 131 PRO
    @Markku_L

If you experience problem, please share document with the following Onshape account --> support @ openbom dot com. We will take a look on a possible problem.