Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape Crashes when making a drawing/Inserting a view into a drawing

cutebuttstackedcutebuttstacked Member Posts: 2
When trying to make a drawing, Onshape crashes when choosing insert view, or sometimes just when i hover the mouse over insert view. Tried pressing some other functions and they seem to work.

This is true for both ANSI & ISO drawing formats, Tried both even tho my config is set to ISO. Tried it with both a part and an Assembly.

I'm using Linux (Elementary OS) and Firefox version 50.0. Only add ons are Ublock ORiginand HTTPS Everywhere. Ublock is disabled for onshape to avoid errors.
GPU is AMD 7980 (Cant remember exact 7XXX) and CPU is  Intel G4560.

Could this be a bug or something else? I would really like to be able to create drawings of my OnShape models and Assemblies.

Attached is a screen shot of what the crash looks like in the browser.

Comments

• Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Can you file a support ticket? Filing a support ticket makes sure we can get all the necessary information to pin down the issue.

Right away, I see you are running Firefox 50 when Firefox 58 is available for Ubuntu. Upgrade to the latest and I am sure you will see better results.
    Support & QA