Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

why aren't line and diameter dimensions dead in revolve lesson.

gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
I'm in Fundamentals 3, Revolve Exercise and stuck at step 3. I'm using workspace units millimeters and radians.  I've been practicing for hours sending sketches to trash and making new ones, making new practice folders etc.   
I can't get line (not one) dimension converting to diameter dimension when I cross the horizontal construction line.  

Best Answers

• gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I made a slight mistake. I'm at step 4, not step 3. Also, I saw the same question to the one I asked and did not find anything helpful in the replies.
    Answer ✓
    Got it all done ....looks great. Many thanks

Answers

Answer ✓
    I made a slight mistake. I'm at step 4, not step 3. Also, I saw the same question to the one I asked and did not find anything helpful in the replies.
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    welcome to Onshape @gerald_comeau

Not sure where you are having the problem.  If I understand, you are trying for symmetrical (dia.) type dimension across a construction (center) line.  If so - make sure you are selecting the construction line as one of the dimension inputs and a point or line of the sketch for the other.  Then on the near side of construction line you will get a standard dimension.  When your cursor travels past construction line the dimension will become doubled with diameter symbol.  See this animation.  Hope that helps and let us know if anything else.

www.accuratepattern.com
    Thanks.  You answered my question and the animation was helpful.  I made one measurement.  I seem to have messed up the size of my sketch. I think it's better to send it to the trash can and start over. 
    Answer ✓
    Got it all done ....looks great. Many thanks