Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Downloadable Onshape logo

brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
I have been playing recently with modelling items for 3D printing. Among the items I have been designing is a range of personalised coasters to give as gifts to friends and family. Based on how well this is working, I'd like to have a go at a "Realized in Onshape" item. I can find and trace a copy of the distinctive Onshape logo but better would be an already drawn logo in vector format or information as to the font it is drawn in. Can anyone help?

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hang on a minute.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    I stole one from a public doc to make this:-

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/abbf17ccca915c6c89b1a347/v/a45b051b1c97a990a3af22d6/e/43d4ec5fd583bfc6313c111f

It's in the "Derived Onshape Logo" feature and starts off flat.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    Many thanks @owen_sparks that's exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of nice stuff in that document.
    Hi Brian, sure thing, interested to see what you do with it...

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
    Similar to this... Currently on my single extruder machine I print the basic coaster which has recesses for the decoration before swapping the filament and printing the decoration. The 1mm deep decoration is then superglued into the recesses. SWMBO has nearly been convinced that I REALLY MUST get a dual extruder machine.  B)
    edited June 2018
    Many thanks @owen_sparks that's exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of nice stuff in that document.
    ...Except that I can't use the Derived Onshape Logo because I can't access the referenced document. :/

Found it! Amazing what a search on Public digs up, your "stole one from a public doc" hint was totally missed first time round.
    edited June 2018
    Hi @brian_jordan

Sorry if I made that harder than it was meant to be, not having tried it I'd assumed you'd be able to see the source from within the derive or just copy my doc and delete out the other features.  Ooops, my apologies.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd