Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Integrated Freelance Portal - Finding Onshape Designers

rian_wendlingrian_wendling Member Posts: 5 PRO
We use onshape to do early prototyping as it allows us to stay lean/mobile and allows us to stay on the same page across our company.  With that said, we don't have any in house CAD experts.  This leads us to get some of our designs "stuck" as they get to the max of our in-house abilities before getting stalled out.  Local design shops don't use Onshape, and itt is difficult to find Onshape users since it is such a new platform, leading to a lot of designs stuck in limbo.  

It would be great if there was a portal within onshape to bring companies like us together with freelance Onshape CADers specializing in a certain type of design.  Whether that be DfM, industrial design, sheet metal, whatever.  Freelancers could list their specialties, availability, cost, location, etc. and companies could easily hire who they are looking for.  Add in rating systems and perhaps integrate payment/NDA on the platform and I think there could be a slick solution that highlights the cloud value of Onshape while providing designers with an easy way to get jobs and companies with an easy way to find what the designers they need.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jack_gover139jack_gover139 Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Hi Rian,
    I have just made the move from full time product design engineer to freelance. Get in touch if you are still looking for a freelance Onshape user. www.printmypart.co.uk
  • Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Hello Rian,

I am also a freelance designer and I would love some resource like this. I'm available to any clients who need my services. Just message me using this platform or from my Linkedin also works: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-mcclain/

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1