Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Parameterized Parts

michael_mcdonald047michael_mcdonald047 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
If I have several instances of the same parameterized part, how do I changed the parameters of only one of them, leaving the rest unaffected?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Answer ✓
    Michael this seems like an example of the use of configurations.

You can make 2 or more configurations of the part. Each configuration can have unique parameter values. In the Assembly you reference the specific configuration of that part.

There are a lot of videos on this topic. and you can look at the help section

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/configurations.htm

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.

Answers

• Options
    joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    Answer ✓
    Michael this seems like an example of the use of configurations.

You can make 2 or more configurations of the part. Each configuration can have unique parameter values. In the Assembly you reference the specific configuration of that part.

There are a lot of videos on this topic. and you can look at the help section

https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/configurations.htm

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    michael_mcdonald047michael_mcdonald047 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Thank you Joe.  Now that you have jogged my memory I believe you are right.

-Michael