Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Library menu

Good afternoon,
I was wondering if is any way to do a similar filter but using our own library.
Is there any Feature Script to do this (e.g. similar to  beam )?

Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    That could mostly be done using configurations. But only one part at a time, not nearly as sofisticated as the standard content example you show
  • tecnico2_alvetecnico2_alve Member Posts: 3 PRO
    Thanks John, but this is not what I´m looking for.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited September 2018
    I'd also like my own content to show up as standard content.  There is no way to do this at the moment, we are relying on what Onshape decide to add in. Open Source content would be good which is created either privately or publically and be able to be added via user preference to the Onshape standard library.  I am also hoping vendors will get on board and add content.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Thanks John, but this is not what I´m looking for.
    I know, but it's the best we can do for now
  • Don_Van_ZileDon_Van_Zile Member Posts: 195 PRO
    edited September 2018

I too would love this ability mentioned by the OP with our own library; good idea @tecnico2_alve

Don't forget what was mentioned in this thead:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9249/standard-content-component-requests/p1

Hmm...