Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Trying to loft profile.

john_faracijohn_faraci Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
I have been trying to loft profile sketch 9 to profile sketch 10. I obviously am new at lofting and need some help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am guessing I need a guide or a path but really have no idea how to add them. 

Thank you in advance.  

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/03f4b8dc99caf5cca95e7994/w/0cbcffe3934e27f1df113604/e/4eef5fdd203683c081b46926

Best Answer

Answers

• TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    John, I would recommend using the 3d spline feature to create guide curves between profiles. In general, you should keep the number of vertices on the start and end profiles as similar as possible. Guide curves can help in cases where you have differing number of vertices and you want more control over the curvature.

Here is my quick attempt: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7a642d40ffd8a70df721a756/w/0b9b7145c9e10e23e70d1142/e/3f4af29af98866ab9342b2e8
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • john_faracijohn_faraci Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Thank you Tim, that is perfect. How can I view the results where I can roll back the features to see step by step?

Thank you again.
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Glad I could help! Sorry about that, I forgot to make the doc public. You can try again now. Simply grab the grey horizontal bar below all of the features and drag it up higher in the featuretree.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • john_faracijohn_faraci Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Thank  you I got it. Have a great day.