Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

CAD Furniture Design

kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
edited October 2018 in Educator Discussion
This Furniture Design Challenge is a middle school project I use with my Gateway to Technology (GTT) courses. It is a great way to close out the year after your students have some CAD foundations and experience with Extrude, Revolve, Loft, Patterns, etc.  I had students take the models a step further and upload rendered images from OneRender to an e-Business furniture store website, as well as create Augmented Reality poses in GoMeta.io so that they can see the furniture pose on their mobile devices in any room!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1veIA5ghPGnU2sddi8oiBSS8N9kXCmZiYaXqo0huIQfo/edit

Created By: Kevin T. White 
@KevinWhiteSD

Objectives: Creatively apply knowledge of various tools in Onshape to create a 21st century furniture design.

Grade Level: 6-12 

Duration: 10 -12  Hours = 2 Weeks (depending on how much instruction you have already completed prior to the project and how much can be completed at home).

Onshape Features: Part Studio, Drawings, Rendering - Extrude, Revolve, Loft, Patterns, etc

Comments

• Options
    michael_rinaldi487michael_rinaldi487 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Do you 3D print parts, furniture  that the students create?
  • Options
    kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
    Sorry for the late response. I have in the past, yes. You usually have to do some scaling and creative positioning to get them just right (supports usually help). Feel free to follow me on twitter, I share a lot of coursework there. @KevinWhiteSD
    I am going to be adding more to my OnShape Chess Set Project as well in a few weeks once I finish up the updated video screencasts. Excited to share that one too, it is a favorite among Middle School students!