Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I customize the length of a standard content wood screw?

tlewis3348tlewis3348 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
I am trying to use the standard content library to create screws in my model to mount the hinge from McMaster-Carr found here: mcmaster.com/1849a92. The drawing specifies that the hinge uses a "#12 screw size". Therefore, I have selected the options shown in the screenshot below. My issue is that these screws are too long for where I'm using them and I'd like to change the length without changing the diameter. However, that does not seem to be possible. I'm sure I must be misunderstanding something since I can walk into the hardware store and find all kinds of different lengths of wood screws for a given diameter, but I don't know what it is.

Best Answer

Answers