Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

A simple concept to animate multi mates at once

olaf_huber644olaf_huber644 Member Posts: 10 PRO
I am playing around a bit with the assembly capabilities of Onshape to model/animate assembly motion.
Currently the animation option is restricted to one mate at a time.
But often in reality you have machines with several mechanisms working simultaneously together in a cyclic manner (either mechnically or electronically coupled).
And you want to animate these together and not only one at a time.

Assuming that the different motions follow a 360° cycle ("Königswelle" in German, I believe the term is master cam in English) the "Relations" offer an easy way to accomplish this.
I built up a test assembly with
  • one slider mate
  • one revolute mate
 and related those to a "master wheel" (revolute) by means of rack/pinion and gear.
I guess you can easily apply this concept to a literally larger number of mates.

I try to share this document by a link (first time), I am happy to hear your feedback.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/df022731afef3ba970da1011/w/8934e5bb1850c63716b056a4/e/96465e2c0f4f13fa53cb19d7

Comments