Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How get part dimensions on parts in a finished document?

len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
I have a design and now want to make my device. I don't need to print on paper (but will if necessary), but I at least would like to access a view of each part, with dimensions, so that I can start machining (will cut manually, not CNC). I see a nice rendering of each part, but there are no dimensions, not even the ones I put in during design.

The design is at this public link if it helps:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/47ec45e65f57445f95c6bb42/w/ef70c28176954cbd98070471/e/89af3701705846ac86a03007

I have all but one of the parts hidden in the current view to make it clear. I would like a dimensioned view of what's shown (the part called "base"). Is there a way to get dimensions on this view, or any other way for that matter?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    moengineeringmoengineering Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2015
    Hello @Len ,

maybe this thread will help you: How can I get a useful 2D print on my printer

best regards
    martin

edit: Another way can be the "search" button. Maybe there is an answer you are searching for too ;)
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @Len In addition to Bruce's suggestion, you can also use Print command when in sketch mode. 
    //rami
  • Options
    len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for quick replies. The link on 2D printing at least showed that I was not missing an obvious feature. I also see that Onshape has future plans for proper 2D drawing generation. That will be nice, but for now the right-click dimension command on sketches should do fine because I have a tablet mounted directly on my mill (I also use it for a DRO - if interested search "Touch DRO"). If I can do this paperless, that will be another big plus for Onshape.