Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

LOFT TROUBLE

alex_drialex_dri Member Posts: 3
GUYS,learning onshape slowly,trying to recreate this loft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho9tbC-gU9w
turns out like this-my loft fails when i choose path as scetch 1 and 4 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/6fe8dd75da41155dae4605b3/w/9525334601771697bb7d0ccd/e/6623d4bbbeea6ca7a5e286ce

any help really appreciated)

Best Answer

Answers

• alex_drialex_dri Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    TimRice said:
    Welcome to the forum @alex_dri !

I took a look at your document and found a couple of issues. As you can see in the screenshot below, the guide curves did not intersect the profiles:
    [IMAGE]

Next, the guides had to be split in two using a Split tool in the sketch:
    [IMAGE]

And now it all checks out!

[IMAGE]

Thanks,TimRice!
    I would never have guessed about split guide line)
    Also same sketch has only 2 handles(start and finish point) to control curvature,how can  I get handles in other points?
  • TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Currently spline control handles can only be placed at the start and end points.
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @alex_dri

If you make a bunch of splines, you can apply a coincident constraint on their endpoints to attach them, and then a tangent constriant to make them tangent to each other.  Then each point will have a handle:

One thing that may not be obvious in the gif is that I am double clicking to end each spline segment, which also keeps the tool open to sketch the next spline segment.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team