Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can only convert imported closed Rhino polysurface into sheetmetal part with ripped joints, no bends

RK_StilleRK_Stille Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I uploaded a part today that I want to make out of sheet metal. Its a simple part and I know it can be folded (have done it in Slicer).

Not sure why I can't do any bends from an imported closed poly surface from rhino. I can convert to sheet metal but it only allows rips (see picture)

I've tried a number of things like exploding and thickening first, making sketch planes off the surface and extruding those curves.

I imported a box (solid and poly surfaces from Rhino) and had no problems.

see screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Jason_SJason_S Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 210
    Can you make your document public and share a link here?

I have a suspicion your 'edges' are splines and not lines. Select an edge and look in the bottom right corner to see what type of entity they are. 
    Support & QA
  • Options
    RK_StilleRK_Stille Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! You all are amazing!