Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hole in the Floor

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I understand how I can add a hole by first extruding a box then extruding a removal of an offset, but that sort of makes it necessary to clutter up the master sketch. 

I was trying to be more tidy and do the hole later, preferably in a derived document, but then:

1. there is no hole
2. we can see the walls of the hole protruding through some of the surface of the floor

This is kinda hard to explain for me, so here's an image and Onshape document

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/fef041ae74d0f252abb20c48/v/87d0959539c7a468d944030a/e/9683a59e814ea54dc8b8bf85

Here's the master sketch:

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    yes, you're right; I did it in the master sketcḧ́; thanks;)

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Now that I see the final sketch this makes more sense. I was confused, I didn't know what hole you were looking for. All I saw was a puzzle piece :)

(BTW Also didn't down vote)