Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

what to do when translation failes?

otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
hello,
almost everything in the title, it says that it fails for having too many faces (normal as it is a big file) but there is any way to solve this?

thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• paul_chastellpaul_chastell Onshape Employees Posts: 124
    Is it a STEP file of a mesh (a whole bunch of triangles)? Those are the sort of files that will usually trigger these limits. If it is a mesh and you are exporting it from some other system then a mesh format such as STL may well be successful on import because Onshape can handle large meshes when it knows they are meshes. If it is not a mesh then you may have to simplify it in the system you are exporting from, if you are in control of that.
    Paul Chastell
    TVP, Onshape R&D
  • otaolafrotaolafr Member Posts: 113 EDU
    Is it a STEP file of a mesh (a whole bunch of triangles)? Those are the sort of files that will usually trigger these limits. If it is a mesh and you are exporting it from some other system then a mesh format such as STL may well be successful on import because Onshape can handle large meshes when it knows they are meshes. If it is not a mesh then you may have to simplify it in the system you are exporting from, if you are in control of that.
    mmm i dont know? sorry ahahaha i am not sure and dont know how to see if it is a mesh or not.... i can export my file in parasolid ASCII (.x_t) parasolid binary (.x_b) IGES and STEP , anything says something to you? thanks for the help!