Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Undo is greyed and history icon is missing

AnotherOnshapeUserAnotherOnshapeUser Member Posts: 28 PRO
Undo is greyed and history icon is missing.

I clicked the red x in a sketch and Onshape erased it.  Now there is no undo.  Hmmm.  what do I do to get back all my work?
thanks!

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    This "Restore" option will appear in in the top middle of the screen if you cancel a sketch that isn't committed but you have to be quick to activate it.  If that times out then I think you're out of luck, a cancelled sketch is the only thing I can think of that isn't added to the history :(

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • AnotherOnshapeUserAnotherOnshapeUser Member Posts: 28 PRO
    thank you owen looks like you know your stuff!  I found a workaround, I wnet back to show changes in history and made a new version here and there until I found the version before the loss of the sketch and I'm humming along fine now that was scary be well!
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Sure thing.
    Ah, glad you're sorted out.  We may be talking cross purposes here.  I was thinking of a brand new sketch that hadn't been committed with the green check box.

Are you saying you had an existing sketch that disappeared after reopening it and pressing the cancel icon?  If so that should have just reverted to whatever state the sketch was in just before you reopened it, it shouldn't have killed it completely.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd