Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Search using more than 1 label?

Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
I just added labels to my documents as a way to find things easier within Onshape. But it seems I can't select multiple labels to refine my search. Am I missing something? I want to search by customer and product type and there may be a few more labels to refine the search further. I'd like to avoid typing these in the search field if at all possible and just select them from a list.

Comments

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 656 PRO
    Seems like the functionality should go here: in the Advanced Search "Add Criteria" dropdown:

Labels are currently not populating that list - it's just Properties from the Properties dialog. To populate the Properties with potentially-useful Label- or Tag-type info requires:
    1.  opening each document and adding the properties there.
    2. Right-click Document > Versions and History >click the little Settings Cog on the right side of the screen (Can't we just Rt-click ???) >Properties
    However, there are very few Properties available at the Document level (this kind of makes sense, since so much information can change per Workspace / Version / Revision).
    Looking at the Properties section of my "Company Settings", it looks like you can't add Custom Properties at the Document level, either:

It would be great if we could edit Properties for a Document from the Documents List (not just inside the Document).

...After going down this Rabbit Hole, I think Labels perform a different and important function than Properties (mostly because they're Properties at the Document level), and we should be able to search more than one!

@Cris_Bowers I made an IR here: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/11499/search-multiple-labels-in-advanced-search/p1?new=1

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Voted.  Also remember to vote for your own IR's ;)
    Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    Thanks for starting the IR. I hadn't started one because I wasn't sure if I was just missing it.