Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Documentation for OnShape App development using Java framework

I recently started learning feature script & planning for App creation using Java Framework(Namely Spring) in eclipse IDE. Please share if anybody have documentation/Links to explain step by step procedure for the same. Appreciate your quick help. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• KiranKumar_TKiranKumar_T Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @ethan_keller769,
    Thanks for the quick reply & good overview on the app development process. It is a good start point for me to explore & understand step by step procedure in detail.

Answers

• Ethan_KEthan_K Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 57
    Hi @Kiran_Thimmegowda,

There are a few steps to getting started with app development. First, you'll have to sign up at the developer portal which will make you an Onshape developer. With that, you will now be able to get API keys, or set up OAuth keys. Then you can use our Java client to make API requests. Lastly, as you work through the actual app development, you can use the API Explorer to checkout the API behavior, and use our developer help page. You can also contact API (api-support@onshape.com) support and we'll help in any way we can!

Good luck with your app!
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @ethan_keller769,
    Thanks for the quick reply & good overview on the app development process. It is a good start point for me to explore & understand step by step procedure in detail.
    @health_physics
    Thank You.