Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there any way to export a report or log of OnShape hours spent?

kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
I am working on certification for Career Technical Education, and I am trying to generate a report with evidence of hours of OnShape use as I need examples and evidence of industry experience. Any suggestions on how I can quantify what I have done here throughout the past 3 years while I have been an OnShape user. Unfortunatley, I do not think they will accept a portfolio, they need total logged hours!

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @kevin_white Today it is not something we have published but may in the future.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @kevin_white we are actively working on a certification program as well which might help with this request.
  • kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
    Thanks, a certification program would be great (as long as it is free or REALLY cheap) for educators! Unfortunately, every state has a different requirement for what qualifies you as state certified for the STEM credential. I already completed the OnShape boot-camp training, but the credential requires a few thousand hours of experience and only so much of that can be teaching time (which I have years of), so I am trying to find other ways to document my use and experience with OnShape that extends beyond formal and informal education, courses and certification, as I have already completed a few hundred hours of training and college level education credits with certification in CAD - still not good enough for the state of California. I appreciate all the help!