Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Pre made Folders "templates" with inside Subfolders that can be copied for future Projects

WecobotsWecobots Member Posts: 2 PRO
Hi, I work for a automation company and while working with SW and windows on the past I used to have a premade folder for new projects that had internal subfolders.Then when a new project was coming I could just copy-paste the pre made folder (containing subfolders) , change its name and keep working. This is something that cannot be done in Onshape, and it could be nice :):smile: .

For example I used to have a Project Folder callded "Project Number_Client_Year" and inside that folder the following subfolders:
-Client Transfer In CAD
-Transfer In 
-Transfer Out  
-Project Developed CAD (In Onshape I use this last folder as a single massive document with parts and assemblies inside)

Being able to reuse this folders set was not only really handy to begind a new project but also when projects where similar and you could reuse part of the used cad and information for example.

Is there any solution for doing something similar? Any suggestions on how people/companies organice their CAD and Projects?

Looking forward to hearing you:

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @inigo_garavilla - This sounds like 'deep copy' of a folder/project. 
    As a pro user, please submit an enhancement request so that we can tally all requests for this.
    In the meantime, there may be solutions based on configurations (where changes from customer to customer are prismatic) or branches. In each case, the level of difficulty increases with assembly depth (number of sub assemblies). 
    Bottom line - submit! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape