Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Bristles

patrick_dunn398patrick_dunn398 Member Posts: 2
Hello, 

May I please have assistance with making brush bristles on the inside of this ring? I've tried looking online for how to make bristles on a curved surface but cannot figure out how to do so. Thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure what the intended geometry looks like, but to me "bristles" just means dense, thin, hair-like protrusions. That doesn't sound like something that would normally be modeled for manufacturing purposes, but it might be useful for aesthetics. Try this.

1. Extrude a single bristle part.
    2. Linear pattern that bristle along the center axis.
    3. Using Transform, rotate the 2nd bristle X degrees relative to the 1st bristle.
    4. Linear pattern both bristles along the center axis.
    5. Circular pattern all the bristles, equally spaced with qty 180/X.
    6. Boolean into a single part (if you want).
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57acdfaae4b005c413ed9b6f/w/3fd585a46d3af1b3ba413c53/e/635e20b5503221f10829da3d