Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't open documents

bill_hayesbill_hayes Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I just tried to open a couple of my documents and this message comes up: You are not allowed to access this document. You may return to the Documents page.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Answers

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 345
    The issue has been resolved. We apologize for the disruption. 

The servers in North America were not able to reserve and open documents for a period of time. We are working with engineering to permanently resolve this issue. Many of you were presented with the error message "You are not allowed to access this document". The failure was not in access checking, but the opening itself. We will also try to improve this error message.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • johannes_jacobsjohannes_jacobs Member Posts: 1
    I can't open any old or new documents, it keeps on saying "a problem repeatedly occurred" and then the document doesn't load, it's been days now, 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,284
    @johannes_jacobs can you post the URL for one of the docs you are having problems with?

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @johannes_jacobs

Please also feel free to contact support about this: https://www.onshape.com/contact
    We take problems like this very seriously,  and are very happy to solve it on day 1, rather than day 10.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team