Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I have tried to share a drawing with someone but he hasnt recieved any notification

adrian_9adrian_9 Member Posts: 5
I have tried to share a drawing with a friend using his email address , he isnt an on shape user, but he hasnt recieved any notification
  how long does this take ?  its been a few days now

Best Answer

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has worked for me very quickly whenever I have used it. To expand on what @John Rousseau said, there is actually nothing in the notification which you could not send that person yourself; it simply invites them on your behalf to sign up with Onshape,  using the email address you shared your model with.
  • adrian_9adrian_9 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks very much gentlemen , I will check back with my friend today , 
    well it required emails to three different adresses and he finaly got the link, and now im having the same problem with a teacher at the school i work in , i have sent a shared request and she hasnt recieved any emails from OnShape , this is a little frustrating as im currently telling her how good this is and think we should be looking at using OnShape for the students ,
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    @adrian_9 - please open a support ticket and list the email addresses you are sharing to. Please don't post the addresses here on the forum. I'll look up the delivery logs for those email addresses. Sorry for the hassle.

John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I have found that Onshape is addictive and Others are not as excited as you feel they should be. The most common excuse i get for why someone as not tried the link I sent is that they didn't recieve the email. LOL
    its all sorted , now thank you , 
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited May 2015
    I have found that Onshape is addictive and Others are not as excited as you feel they should be. The most common excuse i get for why someone as not tried the link I sent is that they didn't recieve the email. LOL
    @dave_petit  your right about that, Onshape is addictive. Normally I keep things to myself, just go about my business, get done what I need to with out any fuss but for some reason with Onshape I want to share it with everyone I think has even some vague interest, then hassle them to sign up and share me into their doc's so I can help them learn. Don't really know whats going on here, I must have caught the Onshape bug.

How many times is to many to invite someone into Onshape, because you just know they will love it once they get started and in 10 years time they will be able to say I started using Onshape when it was Beta?

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me there have already been several waves of ultra-early adopters who have raced through, some of whom have (at least for the moment) gone back to their day jobs... and those of us who came on board only since the public beta owe them a debt of gratitude.

I think it's OK at this stage for the participants to be more mainstream early adopters, who are nevertheless resigned to their companions being somewhat self-selecting, in consideration of their degree of enthusiasm for the concept. 

I say this because ordinary (ie less passionate, more conservative) people are perhaps more likely to form durable unfavourable impressions, based on an immature product.

However we do need an increasing proportion of ordinary users to give feedback which is more authentic for the final userbase, so it's a balancing act.

As the product matures, I suspect this will take care of itself, provided we all concentrate on getting up close and personal with the software, by doing as much (and as realistic) work as we can manage, and serving up (and arguing passionately for) great ideas and high ambitions for the product ...

so that by the time the masses start knocking down the doors, there's something inside which will grab them by the lapels.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I agree Ons (cad and forum) being addictive. I suppose this is because they don't currently have competition in what they are doing (in the meaning of listening to their users and being active commeting our thoughts. Not to mention superb support response). Or does someone know other cad systems where you can reach CEO and others in the forum commenting someones ideas in constructive manner?

For me this is great balance for ~13hr workdays and I hope the time spent reporting and requesting will pay back when we get all the time saving features implemented.
    //rami