Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I Would Like To Purchase Five Documents...

or 1 or 2 or 3...to own in perpetuity. My subscription renewal is due again and I still have only a single project I would like to keep as a private document but must pay as if I will need unlimited access to unlimited documents. I know this conversation is old and the principles at Onshape have no sound business reason to change their subscription model but what if we as users could purchase documents at a set fee per doc? Just a thought...

Comments

• Options
    adrian_vlzkzadrian_vlzkz Member Posts: 258 PRO
    Now that I've used Onshape for a while, I see this as very unlikely scenario. A document could contain Unlimited Tabs, infinite versions and infinite branches. I this as being a problem since I'm sure some customers would make "the most" out of their purchased documents
    Adrian V. | Onshape Ambassador
    CAD Engineering Manager
  • Options
    larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    michał_1 said:

Yeah I know...
  • Options
    larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    edited September 2019
    Now that I've used Onshape for a while, I see this as very unlikely scenario. A document could contain Unlimited Tabs, infinite versions and infinite branches. I this as being a problem since I'm sure some customers would make "the most" out of their purchased documents
    Yeah, very unlikely I understand, and would only work if there were limits in Tabs etc. Doable, but unlikely at the very best.....

I just thought it might have been a unique approach to purchase docs on a per doc basis...but I think the dead horse analogy might be the most appropriate...
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    You just needed to find someone on the other side of the world and the lease their log on for when they're sleeping...
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    ^^^ You're not helping Owen! :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @philip_thomas
    Just saw a video advert for Onshape (pretty good actually) so figured you were doing well. Seemed like a good time to start throwing sarcasm grenades...
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Fair enough :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    or 1 or 2 or 3...to own in perpetuity. My subscription renewal is due again and I still have only a single project I would like to keep as a private document but must pay as if I will need unlimited access to unlimited documents. I know this conversation is old and the principles at Onshape have no sound business reason to change their subscription model but what if we as users could purchase documents at a set fee per doc? Just a thought...
    I'd like that too or some other lower-than-pro cost for private documents but the request seems futile.  I wonder if taking a low-cost CC course would get one an EDU license?  Those have private documents, I think.  I hate to play those kinds of games, though.