Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Why is it not possible add a comment and tag it to a sketch entity while the sketch is being edited?

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
Adding a comment, while a sketch is open for editing, there is no provision for tagging a specific sketch entity. The comment is associated to the document. 

There is nothing in the comment that links it the the specific sketch the comment was made against. 

Also, it doesn't appear possible to tag a comment to things (Part, Surface, Mesh, Curve) that are listed in the "resultants" part of the "Feature List".

Best Answer

Answers

• StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    @Jake_Rosenfeld

Was I dreaming that it could not be done? Did something get "fixed"?

I swear the "Tag" button in the Comments form was not there while the sketch was open for editing.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited September 2019
    I can't think of any changes we made recently!  But maybe that button is not as obvious as it could be!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    @Jake_Rosenfeld, I figured out what my problem was...

You only have the ability to tag an entity during the comment creation process.
    Once the comment has been created the "Tag" option is not available.

One can change what entity the tag points to, but one cannot add a entity tag to a comment that has been created without one.
    I do not understand why this is a restriction.