Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

EDIT PROPERTIES FOR MULTIPLE PARTS

brian_ruppbrian_rupp OS Professional Posts: 13 PRO
Please make it possible to highlight multiple parts at a time and change the name (and/or part number) of the part.  I have assemblies with 20+ of the same part and I have to go through the parts list and rename each one individually.  Just highlight all, right click properties, and change only what's allowed to change if multiples are selected.  Similar to iTunes and changing the properties of multiple songs at a time. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Are you in the assembly or part studio? If you make a part, say a bolt, and then have 10 of them in an assembly you can edit the properties (part number, name etc) back in the part studio and it will update all of the instances in the assembly (when they are inside the same document).

If you share the document here I can get a better context to your situation.

See my example document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/9329ecbb6229f5aa9191862a/w/c756954caa1d07d3e7e02a25/e/d3b6689ddc577113d8aacabe
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
    I would like to see this as well, but more specifically editing multiple parts in a multi-part body.  Often times I'm creating many iterations of parts in a part studio that should be grouped or named together and it would be helpful to label them all with the same name for easy identification.
  • Options
    MaruMaru OS Professional Posts: 18 PRO
    Maru said:
    I would like to see this as well, but more specifically editing multiple parts in a multi-part body.  Often times I'm creating many iterations of parts in a part studio that should be grouped or named together and it would be helpful to label them all with the same name for easy identification.
    Scratch that!  I see I can do this if I select multiple bodies, go to properties and edit there.