Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Tangent Mate Query

peter_morrispeter_morris Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Drawings
I have a model in which I have two cylinders one inside the other.  The smaller cylinder is off-centre from the rotational axis of the larger cylinder and is intended to  act as cam.  Despite various combinations of mates to constrain the parts I don't seem to be able to determine which side the cylinders the tangent mate actually operates on.  The linked model (in section shows) the two parts (purple and grey) in the light blue coloured block.  In order to model the effect of the spring which should be at the bottom of the hole I need the tangent mate to operate 180 deg from where it currently sits.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/afcae641e428cad745413fca/w/fd85d0d9190e07fbb3d88655/e/9c450f6f99171fc79be8fd2c

I hope I've explained the query and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Peter
Tagged:

Comments