Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dimension the length of a path in a sketch?

Aidan_GoettschAidan_Goettsch Member Posts: 1 EDU
Is it possible to dimension the total length of multiple sketch entities. For example, a belt wrapping around two pulleys. I understand the belt FeatureScript could create this given a fixed distance between pulleys, but I'd like to drive the center to center distance based on the length of a premade belt.

In this case, I'd like to set the total length of the arcs and the lines to equal a specific belt length.

Comments

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @Aidan_Goettsch

One way is to use variables and have a formula for the straight length.

here is a simplified one that only works with both pulleys at same diameter.  Maybe it will give you an idea of how to make it suit you.

www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭
    @Aidan_Goettsch

Once I extruded and then applied the Measure Value FeatureScript, it took me about 30 seconds to dial a specific belt length in