Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to clean interference in sheet metal?

I run interference detection for the model. It shows overlaps from the end side of the panel and to the wall, In the first place why does it have interferences even I am using Up To Part as limits?. How to clean this? Is this something about accuracy of the software?

Answers

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    Hey @Renz_Jerome_Delgado, today with our Sheet Metal we maintain a uniform thickness to the sheet metal for the flat pattern set up. With your example it looks as though you are having the cross beam part go "Up To Part" for an angled face. Creating an example myself I see the following:

This is an angled sliver of the cross bean which would result in the sheet metal flat pattern not having a uniform thickness. This is why the "Up To Part" operation didn't fully account for the angled face you are working with. 

The workflow today will be to "Finish" your sheet metal model which preserves the flat pattern and lets you add post-operation features, in this case, it would be angle grinding the edge of this sheet metal piece to allow for proper fit. The feature I chose to do is a split so that I could measure the resultant sliver where the interference occurred to be able to set up my grinding operation in the shop.

I do think we could do more to make this apparent so I'd be curious to hear your feedback.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    Renz_Jerome_DelgadoRenz_Jerome_Delgado Member Posts: 2 PRO
    I tried the workflow but it doesn't support multiple entities to split with.