Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I need to import a dwg/dxf logo into my model and do a cut extrude. Is this possible in OS?

carlos_cruzcarlos_cruz Member Posts: 1
I need to import a dwg/dxf logo into my model and do a cut extrude. Is this possible in OS?

Answers

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Currently no, it is often asked feature so I would guess it will be implemented at some point.

See help for more details:

For Part Studios:

Onshape can write Onshape Part Studios to:

Onshape can read Part Studios from:

• Parasolid
    • ACIS
    • STEP
    • IGES
    • SolidWorks
    • Parasolid
    • ACIS
    • STEP
    • IGES
    • CATIA v5
    • SolidWorks
    • Inventor
    • Pro/ENGINEER, Creo
    • JT
    OpenFor Assemblies:

Onshape can write Onshape Assemblies to:

Onshape can read Assemblies from:

• Parasolid
    • STEP
    • Parasolid
    • ACIS
    • STEP
    • IGES
    • SolidWorks Pack and Go files
    • JT

//rami
  • r_paulr_paul Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    @carlos_cruz 
    Do you have access to a person with AutoCAD?  If you do and have the .dwg/.dxf file they will be able to open the file and export it in either acis or step formats and then you can do the rest with Onshape.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @carlos_cruz Currently we do not import DXF/DWG in as sketches but I have added you to the improvement.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • onshaperonshaper Member, Mentor Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Hey r_paul, how does this work? Just trying to get simple text onto a face!
  • james_75james_75 Member Posts: 1
    lougallo said:
    @carlos_cruz Currently we do not import DXF/DWG in as sketches but I have added you to the improvement.
    Add me as well to this improvement as well please. DXF import would make marking items easier. Logo, Part ID #, etc.
  • keppelkeppel Member Posts: 7
    please add me to the improvement.