Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

rotate part

baruch_shlomobaruch_shlomo Member Posts: 4
How can  rotate some of the gentle rotation angles around a certain axis using a simple method?
I need to make pictures of my product at intervals of about 3 degrees between each other (at 360 degrees).
Is it possible to control the pitch when pressing the arrow keys on the keyboard?
Currently the software rotates roughly every time I press the arrow keys.
Thanks !

Comments

• Options
    Matt_LoMatt_Lo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 15
    Hi Baruch, there are a couple of ways to do this. You can use the view cube in the top right corner to rotate and choose specific positions; however, you cannot get exact angles by doing this.

A second, more precise method would be to go to an assembly, add a mate connector to the origin, and create a revolute mate between your part/ parts and the origin. You can define the exact angle of rotation about either the X,Y or Z axes.