Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Short Cut key for "Repeat Last Command"

Josh_BondJosh_Bond Member Posts: 6
edited July 2016 in Community Support
Seems like there would be one. If not are there any browser add-ons to emulate it?

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    If you hold Shift and hit Enter on many of the features (extrude) it will repeat. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
  • ricky_barnabyricky_barnaby Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    that does not work for a dotted line. i want to REUSE the last function. Not repeat the last command.
    if i draw a dotted line then end the line with esc.
    How do i draw another dotted line somewhere entirely different WITHOUT having to select the line/dotted line function YET again?

Okay so found "L" and then "Q" will do as i want. 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    You don't need to esc the command each line.

It depends on how you click.

#1 If you click/drag you will get 1 line segment

#2 If you close a chain (by clicking the first point in the triangle for example) then it will end the chain and stay in the command

#3 if you click you will get 1 line segment with an attached chain. Continue clicking to add more segments to the chain. When done click the last end point and it will end that chain (or double click your last point) This is basically the same as #2 but it isn't as obvious.

When there is a yellow circle on my mouse it means i'm holding the left button.

• ricky_barnabyricky_barnaby Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    10 out of 10 for the extremely useful answer and 100 out of 10 for the show me how. Brilliant thank you.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Thanks. Yea i'm a visual learner. So i tend to show images or animations because that's what helps me too. Glad it helps