Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Curve Pattern Question

ethan_doak1ethan_doak1 Member Posts: 11 PRO
So, I've used the curve pattern tool to great effect when adding teeth to a timing belt for my assemblies, but when I add a bend to the belt (using a tensioner in this case) the Curve Pattern ends up throwing teeth all over the part studio (instead of following the curve I laid out for it) 
What do you think I should do?

Comments

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi, could you provide a link with some minimal reproducible example?
  • ethan_doak1ethan_doak1 Member Posts: 11 PRO
    Alright well, I was trying to curve pattern using a part from the assembly that my part studio was created in context of. This has always worked for me before but didn't this time. I redrew the part that I was using the curve pattern on so that it was a part of my part studio and it worked great. Not sure what caused my issue but it seems to be fine with this work-around.