Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Account expiration?

mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
Hi all,

Did anyone else get an account expiration email today?  I don't remember having to renew my account annually in the past as this email indicates, and when I click the link to "upgrade to education", it seems like it's creating a new account all over again.  I have a ton of work in my account from creating models over the years that I share with students, and losing all of that work would be a terrible setback.

Have any of you gone through an account renewal?  Can you confirm whether it preserves past work?
Thanks.
Marc

Comments

• Options
    mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
    Sorry for the panic post - I just saw a few other posts that indicated that the "upgrade" will preserve my work.  Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi mrlefebvre101,

The EDU plan is a 1 year plan that can be renewed.  As you pointed out, you'll need to go through the 'upgrade to education' flow which is our way of vetting that you are eligible for the EDU plan again (which also doubles for users starting from scratch).  If you have any issues with this, please contact support to get it sorted out.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com